Pages

Monday 31 October 2011

Arsenal FC to launch January bid for Kolo Toure - report

Arsenal are reportedly preparing to launch a January bid for Manchester City defender Kolo Toure.

Toure only recently returned from a six-month drug ban, but has found himself warming the bench in recent weeks as City boss Roberto Mancini opts to start with Joleon Lescott alongside Vincent Kompany in central defence.

The centre-back admitted last week that he could be open to a move away from the Etihad Stadium, and according to Caughtoffside.com, the Gunners are interested in bringing him back to the Emirates for a second spell.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is widely expected to try and strengthen his back four in the New Year after seeing his side leak goals throughout the opening stages of the season.

Summer signing Per Mertesacker has struggled at times as he tries to adjust to the pace of the Premier League, while Wenger has been without Thomas Vermaelen for a number of games already.

Paris Saint-Germain are also keen on Toure, who said of a possible move to France: "I would be interested because of my current situation at City.

"If Paris call me, it wouldn't be like in previous years when I would say: 'Paris? I'm not so sure.'

"Now, if they call me, I will listen to what they have to say. Looking at all the very good players Paris have, that really makes me want to go there, that's clear."

No comments:

Post a Comment